An asset or a portfolio company is the ultimate entity in which your fund makes an investment. With Fundwave, you can even define the specific investment instruments such as Equity and Debt that are used to initiate or maintain an investment. It is quick and simple to add a new asset:
- Check if the asset already exists. On the Fund dashboard, click on the 'Assets' button on the upper right corner of the screen.
Have a look at the list below to confirm if the asset is not already listed.
- If you don't see the asset, click the 'Create' button and select 'Asset'.
- Fill out the information on your screen and click 'Add Asset'. If you don't have all the details, you can use the defaults or enter estimated numbers. You can modify these values later.
- Next, let's add a new asset manager. Select the eye icon on the 'asset manager' field. (optional)
- This should open up a list of all persons. Let's add the name of the asset manager here.(optional)
- Now you can enter the name of the 'Asset manager' (optional).
- Next, let's define an instrument used for our investment. Click on the 'Add an instrument' link.
- You can define the details of the investment instrument on the pop up screen. Press 'Save' when you're done.
- Once you close the pop up, the new instrument will appear under 'Investment accounts'.
- We're all ready to press 'Add Asset'. Note that you've only defined your 'asset' or 'portfolio company' so far. Next, you need to post an 'investment' transaction.
If you've followed the above steps, we're pretty much done with your initial setup. When it is necessary, you can add details about the management fees, equalizations and carry. When you're ready, let us create some transactions and allocate them between your investors!